There are many volunteer opportunities available for friends of our beloved breed of Scottish Terriers.
You do not need to have any prior experience or be local to Colorado to help.
Opportunities for Local AND Non-Local Volunteers
- Non-emergency phone calls – We need volunteers to interview adoption candidates, to interview references, and to speak with owners considering the surrender of their Scottie. Most of these calls can be done as your schedule allows.
- Emergency phone calls – You may also volunteer to receive emergency phone calls, which concern the surrender of Scotties.
- Transportation – We need volunteers to do transport Scotties. Transportation is often within the Denver area; however, from time to time we have a need to transport a Scottie within the state of Colorado as well as the surrounding states.
Opportunities for Local Volunteers
- Foster Transportation – Take the foster dog to the vet or groomer for the foster home. Some foster care providers work during the day, so if someone else could take the foster dog to the vet or groomer, it would lessen the load on the foster care provider and may even allow someone to foster who otherwise would not be able to do so.
- Placement Visit Assistance – We need volunteers who can attend the placement visits with the foster care care provider. Placement visits involve many things, including paperwork, photos, observations, evaluations, and answering questions about the Scottie’s care and the adoption process. RMSR placements are always done with more than one volunteer in attendance.
- Fostering one of our rescues!
Thank you for your interest in helping us help Scotties in Need.