Upon submission of an Adoption Application to Rocky Mountain Scottie Rescue (RMSR), the applicant(s) agree(s) to have his/her/their name(s) added to the Wait List for the purpose of adopting a Scottish Terrier. The applicant(s) understand(s) there is a non-refundable adoption fee. RMSR may waive a portion of this fee depending on the Scottie’s age and health needs. The applicant(s) understand(s) that when he/she/they receive the Scottie, it will have:
- Been spayed or neutered.
- Had a thorough checkup from a licensed veterinarian, including state-required vaccinations.
- Had any necessary health care treatment(s) as determined by RMSR.
- Been groomed, as necessary.
- Been micro-chipped.
The applicant(s) understand(s) that the Scottie, once adopted, may not be sold or otherwise given by them to any other person or organization without written permission from Rocky Mountain Scottie Rescue. Further, by giving the Scottish Terrier a permanent home, the applicant(s) accept(s) full responsibility for the care of the Scottie and agree(s) to:
- Immediately return the Scottie to RMSR should circumstances arise after adoption where for any reason the applicant(s) can no longer care for the Scottie. If this occurs, the applicant(s) will sign the necessary papers for the surrender of the Scottie. The applicant(s) understand(s) the adoption fee is non-refundable.
- Notify RMSR immediately if the Scottie is lost or stolen and make every effort to locate the Scottie.
- Never take this Scottie to an animal shelter or humane society for the purpose of surrender.
- Properly house, feed, water, and care for this Scottie.
- Exercise proper control and restraint over this Scottie at all times and not permit this dog to run at large.
- Purchase a license for this Scottie as required by local ordinances.
- Not use this animal for any type of experimental or breeding purpose.
- Provide regular veterinary care, including annual vaccinations, parasite checks, dental care and regular grooming.
- Provide exercise, adequate companionship, and love.
- Provide a secure fenced yard unless otherwise approved by RMSR.
- Ensure this Scottie is maintained predominantly as an inside dog, as Scotties are not equipped to live outside all the time.
The Rocky Mountain Scottie Rescue reserves the right to refuse any applicant(s) if any of the statements submitted in the Adoption Application and/or Release of Liability and Indemnification are found to be fraudulent and/or untrue; we reserve the right to repossess the Scottie and all liabilities are waived. Submission of an application does not imply nor guarantee that the applicant will adopt a Rescue Scottie. The submission of an application also does not imply nor guarantee that the “right” Scottie will be available for adoption through RMSR. The Rocky Mountain Scottie Rescue has the right to refuse adoption to any individual(s) for any reason it sees fit.
Rocky Mountain Scottie Rescue Adoption Terms and Conditions v. 3.1